Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New changes

End of a Chapter…
As of September 1st 2012 my work in Canada came to an end.  After the retreat and meeting students, as campuses were preparing for ministry there was change of guard in Toronto ministry.  The new director is Toronto-raised Matthew Shin.  He is now in charge of the ministry.  Our ministry is command structure; you could request where to go, but decisions are made then you have to follow.  Decision for me to come down was made in late May!  It was just before the mission to Cambodia, and I came down to LA and the decision was made for me to come back. 


My family and I went up to Toronto via Buffalo.  We participated in the retreat for 3 nights and 4 days.  It was great for me to see all those students.  It is somewhat difficult to put into words what I was feeling, however, more than anything I was thinking; “What kind of leader was I?  What kind of impact was I able to make?”  There were many questions in my mind but as I was looking at my personal conduct I was kind of sad.  There was sadness for the ministry that was leaving behind.  However I was more thinking of ‘my impact’ on the lives of people of Toronto.  It was kind of selfish moment.  I should have been more worried about God’s impact in their lives. 

As I was finishing the ministry and handing it over to Matthew Shin, it was bitter sweet.  Knowing that there is someone to lead the ministry was great comfort. And surprisingly there were 3 new part time staffs that wanted to serve.  God is brining harvest workers to the field.  God’s answer to the prayers for more workers was answered; THANK YOU and praise the LORD!  Keep praying for the Toronto ministry!



God is always faithful!
There were debuts that Toronto office when I first arrived.  However in last two years, we were able to pay back all the debuts and relocate the office.  The last thing I did as Toronto director was to pay off the last of the debuts. 

Last year, this time we were meeting at ‘Starbucks’ and at other coffee shops for meetings.  Last year’s Vision Conference was planned at ‘Seoul Cafe’.  The owner was very gracious and he gave us the key to the cafe so that we could have our morning prayers.  I was so thankful and when I visited the cafe, the owner was sad to see me go. Now, there is enough office space for current staff and I just got a news that they were able to secure another small office space for training and meetings.  The church; Willowdale Baptist Church is a great host for us; rent is very cheap and it is in great location.  We are expecting great prayer revival in Toronto starting at Willowdale Baptist.
- THANK YOU FOR LAST 2 YEARS OF PRAYERS AND SUPPORT; ALL THESE THINGS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU!


What is next?
I have been assign to serve at UCLA.  UCLA is a good place to do ministry and there will be many opportunities to serve God on the campus.  UCLA is also in the same region as Santa Monica College and OTIS, and we are to help each other out.  Just past Thursday, I was at SMC to give message.  There were about 50 students.

I get to spend more time with the family.  Kids are in need of their dad more and more, so this is great thing. I am in the process of adjusting back to LA.  Being truthful, my heart and attitude is still in Toronto and this is making me difficult to adjust.  It also might be that campus ministry has not started, and I have too much time on my hand.  I might be thinking too much and having too much free time does not help.  I have to be more productive and not waste my energy and time.

Also being assigned to UCLA, there is matter of transportation; the traffic and long drive.  Taking bus or driving; it takes almost similar amount of time.  Except for those days that I have to go to SMC, I am thinking of taking the bus.  This might give me more time to rest! 


Prayer Requests
- Be able to adjust to LA life soon.
- Be more alert to God’s direction and message in life and ministry.
- Be affective and influential leader at UCLA, OTIS and SMC.
- Be a good father, husband and son to my family.
- Haneul and Hara to grow in God’s Word and healthy.
- To develop more ministry partners.
- Resolve my transportation issue.


Thank you again!